Shimano's latest Front Drag Spinning Reel, the AX Series ULSA, is sure to be a fisherman's favorite. Shimano quality features include a graphite frame, graphite side plate, graphite rotor and diecast aluminum spool. This front drag spinning reel also features Dyna-Balance, which incorporates counter-balancing techniques in the rotor to eliminate wobble during the retrieve. Backed by the Shimano name, front drag spinning reel covers all the basics, performs well and offers plenty of enjoyment.
- Varispeed: Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
- Super Stopper II: Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way bearing that eliminates backplay. This provides the angler with instant hooksetting power. In some reels, the Super Stopper II can be turned off to allow backreeling for special techniques and situations.
- Dyna-Balance: This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counterbalancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations caused by the reel.
- Power Roller II: This is an oversized line roller that reduces twist from casting and retrieving and is enhanced with a tapered area on the support to help line get onto the roller quicker.
- Technique: Spinning
- Reel Handle Position: Right/Left
- Gear Ratio: 4.2:1
- Retrieve Rate: 18"
- Bearing Count: 1+1
- PowerPro Capacity (Yards/lbs): 135/5, 105/8, 65/10, 60/15
- Mono/Fluoro Capacity (Yards/lbs): 190/2, 100/4, 60/6
- Max Drag: 2.0 lbs.
- Weight: 5.6 oz.